Sliding barn doors aren’t limited to residential homes, their space-saving design can be used in both commercial and office spaces. Not only do they add an interesting design aesthetic, but they are also safe and easy to install, allowing you to design and build creative retail, meeting, and office spaces.
Sliding Doors in Commercial Spaces
In a retail setting, barn doors can be used in a number of interesting ways:
- Prevent customers from entering employee areas
- Instead of traditional dressing room doors
- To partition off certain areas of the store for different uses
- As part of the overall decor
Since barn doors are highly-customizable, they can be built to complement your current design aesthetic and privacy hardware can be installed to allow doors to lock in place.
Sliding Doors in Office Spaces
When used in an office, barn doors allow the space to easily transform:
- Separate one large meeting room into smaller conference areas
- Have an open work-space with the ability to close off offices when needed
- Conceal monitors, whiteboards, storage areas or a kitchenette
Since barn doors don’t swing, they’re a popular option in offices where space can be a premium.
Viba Barn Door and Hardware builds custom doors to fit your specific needs. Ordering is as simple as picking the door, choosing hardware and providing measurements for your door opening. Once we receive your order, we’ll custom make your sliding doors at our production facility in Mississauga.
If you ever have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re available during business hours to help you select the right product or answer any questions you may have during installation.
We've been building custom barn doors since 2013. All of our wood is sustainably sourced from the Kitchener-Waterloo area and our doors are constructed at our workshop in Mississauga.